Vladimir Putin has announced a three day ceasefire in Ukraine so Russia can celebrate their Victory Day over Nazi Germany in Moscow, which has been seen as an attempt to “hide its intent to continue the war.”
The ceasefire will be from 8 to 10 May and the Kremlin said Putin wants a ceasefire on “humanitarian grounds” which is where the Russian President will most likely announce to crowds that Russia has won the war.
The Kremlin’s spokesman Dmitry Peskov was asked if talks should come directly from Ukraine or Washington, he said, “Well, from Kyiv, at least Kyiv should take some actions in this regard. They have a legal ban on this. But so far we don’t see any action.”
The Kremlin said in a statement, “On the orders from Supreme Commander-in-Chief of the Russian Armed Forces Vladimir Putin, the Russian side will declare a ceasefire for humanitarian considerations on the days of the 80th anniversary of the victory, from 12:00 a.m. on May 8 to 12:00 a.m. on May 11.
“All hostilities will be suspended in that period.”
Read more related news:
UK issued with a warning of ‘grey zone attack’ that would affect energy, food and infrastructure
Trump blasts ‘Vladimir STOP!’ after Russia’s major attack on Kyiv
Trump furiously blasts Putin is ‘tapping me along’ and he ‘doesn’t want to stop the war’
Defence chiefs simulate Russian missiles strikes on the UK which ‘was not a pretty picture’
Andrii Kovalenko who is an official at Ukraine‘s National Security and Defense Council asked why does Putin not declare a “full and comprehensive ceasefire.”
“Anything that is not a comprehensive ceasefire is Russian manipulation for informational and military purposes, an attempt to hide its intent to continue the war,” Kovalenko said.
The head of the President’s Office of Ukraine Andriy Yermak wrote on Telegram, “Russia does not cease fire at the front and is just now attacking Ukraine with Shaheds.
“All Russian statements about peace without a ceasefire are ordinary lies.”
On Saturday the US President Donald Trump furiously blast that Putin is “just tapping me along” and insisted “there was no reason” for Putin to attack “civilian areas” with “missiles.”
On Saturday Trump met with the Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in the Vatican before the Pope’s burial ceremony.
Following the meeting with Zelensky, Trump took to social media and threatened “Secondary Sanctions” or possibly to harm Russia’s “Banking.”
The US President wrote on Truth Social, “I’m just trying to clean up the mess that was left to me by Obama and Biden, and what a mess it is.
“With all of that being said, there was no reason for Putin to be shooting missiles into civilian areas, cities and towns, over the last few days.
“It makes me think that maybe he doesn’t want to stop the war, he’s just tapping me along, and has to be dealt with differently, through ‘Banking’ or ‘Secondary Sanctions?’
“Too many people are dying!!!”
Get real time update about this post category directly on your device, subscribe now.
Subscribe
